I'm going to be an Aunt  

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm not allowed to post this yet because not everyone knows. But I will start today and update it every week.
My sister, Diana and her husband surprised us with a visit from their home in Arthur this past weekend. They arrived on Sat morning just before my mom came over to pick Karin and I up to go out for lunch for Mother's Day. We though they had just come down for Mother's Day and for something to do.
So we went out for lunch, we went to a ballet performance for some girls in our church, we went out for dinner.
On Sunday, Diana and Mike said they wanted to head back home right after lunch so they could see his mom for Mother's Day. And just after lunch we were waiting for Richard's girlfriend Emma to come over before they left. Just before she arrived, Diana seemed anxious to get going so I was trying to move things along for them when all of a sudden she says, "We have some news. We are going to have a baby!!". I was totally shocked and ecstatic and we all jumped up and gave them huge hugs with tears in our eyes.

And then they left to go home.

I have always been a little bit sad that Diana and Mike live so far away but now that they are going to have a baby, the distance seems even farther. I would like to be able to see them more often during this time and after the baby is born. I don't want to miss anything. I think we will try to visit more often than we would have before. We are actually going this weekend, yay!

Getting married is one thing but having a baby is a whole new thing. It seems like our family is going to have exciting times for many years to come.

I hope that you will pray with me for Diana and Mike as they make this journey. That everything will be well for all of them.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 comments: to “ I'm going to be an Aunt

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster